The Best Place for Fun - Can You
How Well Can You Follow Directions?
Preparation: To take this test, all you need is a pen or pencil, an 8 1/2" by 11" piece of paper, and a watch or clock for timing yourself.
After you take the test, check the bottom of this page to see how well you did.
If you have "shockwave" on your system, you may use the timer I have
provided below. If you don't have "shockwave", you will see a broken
image (just ignore it).
Directions: You have a 5 minute time limit to complete the parts of this test. Carefully read all of the parts of the test before doing anything. In order to ensure the accuracy of this exam, you should not use more than the allotted time of 5 minutes. You may start the timer and begin whenever you choose. Good Luck!! You may begin now!!
1. Write today's date--month-day-year in the top right hand corner of your test paper.
2. Write the answer to the following multiplication problem directly underneath the date on your
test paper--6 X 5 = ?
3. Write the name of the month that begins with the letter "D" in the top left hand corner of your test
4. Add 15 to the answer you got in part #2, and write this new total directly underneath your
answer for part #3.
5. In the lower left hand corner of your test paper, write the names of your favorite singer and your
6. Just above your answer to part #5, write "This test is very easy."
7. In the lower right hand corner of your test paper, draw a rectangle and inside the rectangle draw
a five pointed star. The size of these drawings is not important.
8. Directly above your answer to part #7, draw a row of three small circles. Once again, size is not
9. Write the name of the first president of the United States on the back of your test paper
anywhere you choose. If you don't know who this is, write your own name instead.
10.Write the name of any country that begins with the letter "I" directly underneath you answer to
11. Take the number of dwarfs in the Snow White story and add it to the number of bears in the
Goldilocks story. Divide by 2. Write this total in the approximate center of your test paper.
12. Think of a number between 1 and 50. Double that number. Add 20. Add 6. Subtract 17. Subtract 9. Divide by 2. Write this number on your test paper directly underneath your answer
to part #11.
13. Now that you have carefully read all of the parts so far, and you have not carried out any of the
actual work, read the next 2 parts just to see what they say and then go back and only complete part #3.
14. The name of the first president of the United States is George Washington. He was president
from 1789 until 1797. Add the 2 dates together to see if the total is less than 5000.
15. You should not be reading the end of the exam before the beginning of the exam, but now that
you are here, you have just wasted some of the time you may need to complete the test.
How Well Can You
The only writing you should have on
your test paper is the word December. It should be located in the
top left hand corner of the page. The directions specifically
state to read all parts before doing
anything. If you didn't do this, I suggest you do it now!!!